This Blog:

It's Time for a change in pace. I no longer have a deployed soldier and I will continue to post things you can send to your loved one when I get ideas. You may still send ideas to me at Dallas_star11@yahoo.com. I am taking this theme of "For the love of a soldier" in a different direction. Now to try to help families and soldiers cope with life after deployment.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rcordable Books

For Christmas I bought a recordable book from Hallmark they are about $30. I shipped it to my husband who read and recorded the story and sent it back for my daughter so he could read her a bed time story every night. They have 3 different ones. "All the ways I love you", "Bright and Beautiful", and at Christmas time they have "the night before Christmas" Ask for them at your local Hallmark store and make sure you do this well in advance of the occasion (Christmas/Birthday/etc.) It took one week for the book to get there then he had to get the time to record, repack, and ship it back to me and then it took over 2 weeks for me to receive it, so plan ahead.

1 comment:

  1. SUCH a cute idea. I had a friend that video taped himself reading to his kid, but then there had to be 2 books involved and someone there to sync the page turning.

    How about Valentine's Day packages? Do you have any ideas for that? I usually make my husband a huge candlelit dinner for V-day, but you can't exactly ship that USPS!

    ReplyDelete