This Blog:

It's Time for a change in pace. I no longer have a deployed soldier and I will continue to post things you can send to your loved one when I get ideas. You may still send ideas to me at Dallas_star11@yahoo.com. I am taking this theme of "For the love of a soldier" in a different direction. Now to try to help families and soldiers cope with life after deployment.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sorry/ Helping the Children

I apologize for taking so long to post but I have a good excuse! I was having a baby! She is healthy she is beautiful and a perfect angel... so far! She was born June 2, 2009 at 0858. 8lbs 13 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. Any way for new ideas:

I was given these web sites by my FRG person:

http://www.operationgiveahug.org/

This is an group that makes dolls with picture windows for the children of deployed parents so that the children have something to hold on to while mommy or daddy is away.

there is also another group who puts a picture of your military member (in uniform) on a pillow for military children with deployed parents. They will send one for every child. They will also send with it a note that states how much shipping and handling was and would like that price returned to them after you receive the pillows but it is not required... The contact info to request these is:
981 Timber Glen Lane
Ballwin, Missouri 63021-6069
Questions may be directed to the above mailing address,
(314) 607-2607 or jmadconst41-pillows@yahoo.com

There are many good causes you can donate to to help the soldiers and their families left behind. If you like this information and would like me to put up more causes please comment and let me know and I will put up more!

No comments:

Post a Comment