This Blog:

It's Time for a change in pace. I no longer have a deployed soldier and I will continue to post things you can send to your loved one when I get ideas. You may still send ideas to me at Dallas_star11@yahoo.com. I am taking this theme of "For the love of a soldier" in a different direction. Now to try to help families and soldiers cope with life after deployment.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Army Wives Dream Come True!


I don't know what you have heard but this program is a dream come true! With Skype all you need is a microphone, a computer, a web connection, and a web cam! You can get a head set with a microphone for $8 at wall mart, you can get a web cam at walmart for $10+ depending on how nice of one you want! As far as the Internet and computer go i would hope you already have them to communicate with your loved one. Skype is FREE! When you want to talk to and see your loved one at the same time Skype is the perfect solution. Like anything else you should both have a decent connection for it to work right. I have had experienced delays, dropped calls, and a few complications but i wouldn't trade it for anything it is second best to my husband being home. The only cost Skype charges is to call land lines or cell phones. Anything computer to computer is free. Just go to the web site, http://www.skype-official.com/, download, create your identity, tell your loved one to do the same thing, add each other to your contact lists and start talking, face to face, for FREE!!!! Have fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment